Computer Lab with 20 internet-connected desktop computers with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite 2013. Includes an instructor station with desktop computer and connection to a projector.
Room Reservation Fee: $40/hour (+ tax)
HCPL will make the computer lab available to outside groups in an attempt to utilize the facility to its maximum potential. Availability is dependent on the schedule of library-sponsored classes, training, and maintenance.
In addition to the “Policy Regarding Use of Rooms for Non-Library-Sponsored Activities,” the following apply:
- The computer lab is intended for classroom education and requires an instructor (non-HCPL staff) to be in the room at all times.
- Use is limited to the software and programs already available on the computers. Other software may not be installed.
- To ensure the safety of minors, the library will run a background check on all adult instructors and chaperones working with those under the age of 18.
- Search information must be submitted to the library at least 10 days prior to the scheduled class session. An incomplete background check will result in cancellation of the session. Cost of the background check will be paid by the sponsoring group requesting use of the room.
- HCPL’s Policy on Patron Behavior and Policy on Unattended Children apply, and sponsoring groups or individuals will be held responsible to ensure that there are no violations.